Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Surfer and Artist Terry Gillard's Art featured at Leroy's in Coronado

This month and continuing through October 14, 2012 we are excited to announce that Leroy's Kitchen + Lounge in Coronado is featuring South Bay artist/professional longboard champion, Terry Gillard.

It is always a pleasure to plan events in different parts of San Diego and to have the opportunity to work with people from various backgrounds and perspectives.


I selected Terry's art for this Coronado venue due to the richness of his life and travel experience, as well as his interaction and celebration of women and various cultures throughout the world. These wonderful experiences are communicated through the varying styles and keen artistic insight he presents through his paintings. It has been a pleasure to see these images on the walls at Leroy's. I hope that you will make a point to visit this venue, check out their fabulous menu offerings and enjoy the art on their walls.


ABOUT THE ARTIST: 

"I have been surfing for 35 years and started painting 8 years ago. I grew up in Coronado and have been living in the South Bay for most of my life. I have won 5 national and 10 west coast longboarding championships and have numerous influences as an artist, as a painter, as a surfer -- as a human being.

I was inspired to paint by my grandmother, Betty Gillard, a watercolor artist whose work was featured in several Arizona museums and magazines. I have never had formal art training. With the encouragement of my family and friends, I have been painting regularly for the past 6 years – learning from masters such as Vincent Van Gogh and Amadeo Modigliana while developing my own techniques.

I realize that I am still in the learning stages of my art; every piece I paint is a different style until I find my own. Like surfing, I love to paint because it gives me the freedom to express myself without any other distractions – I can escape into my art. Another special and gratifying feeling for me is to see how my paintings can touch someone else."



Terry's work is available for viewing and purchase through October 14, 2012.

Leroy's Kitchen and Lounge
1015 Orange Avenue
Coronado, CA 92118
www.leroyskitchenandlounge.com

For more information please email suitebrigitte@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support!

No comments: